Sports Injury Treatment at Ward Chiropractic Center
Working and training to improve your athletic performance is challenging enough without encountering additional struggles in the form of sports injuries. A variety of acute or chronic problems can take you off the field and jeopardize your ability to return to your favorite athletic activity. Fortunately, Ward Chiropractic Center in Spring TX can help you make that comeback. Our variety of chiropractic techniques and all-natural supportive therapies can help you rebuild your body, repair damage, ease chronic pain, and keep yourself in top shape.
Sports Injuries Treated by Chiropractors
Athletes find themselves benched from time to time by all kinds of injuries. Some of these injures are acute in nature, occurring when joints or tissues are suddenly stressed beyond their normal capacity. (Failure to warm up these tissue beforehand can make such situations more likely.) Chronic sports injuries can also plague athletes over a period of time. In some cases an acute injury never heals properly, producing painful scar tissue. In others, constant repetitive motions in a body part can lead to chronic overuse injuries. Our chiropractor knows how to identify these injuries (and their underlying causes), allowing us to treat them through conservative care. Some of the sports injuries we treat include:
- Acute soft tissue injuries that involve muscles, tendons, ligaments, or vertebrae (such as whiplash)
- Shoulder Injuries such as dislocations, rotator cuff damage, frozen shoulder, bursitis and impinged shoulder nerves or tendons
- Sprains and strains in any joint
- Runner's knee, a condition often caused or aggravated by knee joint instability or spinal misalignment
- Plantar fasciitis, a chronic inflammation of the arch of the foot related to weight and structural imbalances
A Variety of Strategies and Techniques
Our Chiropractor at Ward Chiropractor can bring a number of healing modalities to bear on your particular sports injury -- starting with state-of-the-art diagnostics to uncover the underlying problem. Chiropractic adjustments and non-surgical spinal decompression can play crucial roles in bringing your vertebrae or extremity joints back into line, thus relieving acute stiffness and pain. A more balanced body is also more likely to experience fewer sprains, strains, and overuse injuries. We may also prescribe such helpful techniques as:
- Massage therapy to help soft tissues heal more easily and effectively
- Electrotherapy, ultrasound, heat therapy, and other physiotherapy measures
- Rehabilitative exercises to re-train your body back to its former state of performance -- and beyond
Our Spring Chiropractor Can Put the Spring Back Into Your Step
Don't give up on your season due to a nagging sports injury. Put the spring back into your step by calling our Spring TX chiropractic center at (281) 786-4922 for sports injury treatment.