Neck Pain Relief from Your Chiropractor in Spring, TX
For most patients who visit our Ward Chiropractic Center, neck pain occurs without warning. Our Spring chiropractor notes that a primary reason for this surprise discomfort is the fact that necks are one of the most susceptible parts of the body when it comes to injury. Fortunately, our doctor is able to help relieve discomfort using only drug-free, holistic care.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Necks, or cervical spines, have a big job, supporting heads that weigh about 12 pounds on average. Their structure includes seven vertebrae. Their flexibility puts them in a high-risk category for undergoing injury and experiencing discomfort. Our doctor cites these as the most frequent causes of neck pain:
- Injuries or accidents. Whiplash is a common result. An accident or an injury is sometimes responsible for muscle fatigue or contracting that causes stiffness and discomfort. Whiplash is also sometimes linked to injuries to joints that lie between muscles, vertebrae, discs, nerve roots, or ligaments.
- Getting older. Aging often marks the arrival of degenerative spinal disorders.
- Osteoarthritis. Joints are unable to move properly because of bone spurs that form as cartilage breaks down.
- Degenerative disc disease. Signs include discomfort, numbness, and tingling.
- Spinal stenosis. When nerve roots become entrapped, pain in the neck, shoulder, and arm plus numbness could develop.
- Lifestyle. Factors such as poor posture, stress, and obesity can affect the cervical spine movement and result in stiffness and other discomforts.
Chiropractic Treatment Options
The first step in chiropractic treatment for cervical discomfort is a comprehensive physical exam and a discussion of the patient’s health history and complaints. In some cases, use of imaging such as X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans is helpful in arriving at a diagnosis.
The objective of our doctor is placing misaligned vertebrae back into their proper positions. Each patient receives an individualized treatment plan that might include adjustments, spinal decompression, or a combination of both.
Adjustments boost the mobility of the spine and the range of motion. They also result in improved movement of muscles adjacent to the spine. Patients typically find it easier to move their heads and report less stiffness and soreness after visits.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Spring Chiropractor
Are cervical problems or types of discomfort interfering with your daily activities? Treatment from our Spring chiropractor can bring you relief, improved overall health, and a better way of life. Our Ward Chiropractic Center staff also provides massage and sports therapy services to meet the needs of your whole family. Be sure to call us today at (281) 786-4922. You’re sure to enjoy the relaxed, spa-like atmosphere of our state-of-the-art-facility as you progress along your path to wellness.